Noise Control By-law 6555
Regulates noise or sound within the City of Vancouver.
- Construction on private property must be carried out between 7:30am and 8pm on any weekday that is not a holiday, and between 10am to 8pm on any Saturday that is not a holiday. Construction is not permitted on Sundays.
- Street construction must be carried out between 7am and 8pm on any weekday or Saturday, and between 10am and 8pm on any Sunday or holiday.
Trucks collecting for the landfill or recycling
- The collection of refuse must only occur:
- Outside the downtown area from 7am to 8pm on any weekday, or from 10am to 8pm on any Saturday, Sunday, or holiday.
- Within the downtown area from 6am to midnight on any weekday, or from 10am to midnight on any Saturday, Sunday, or holiday.
Carpet cleaning trucks
- Vehicle-mounted carpet cleaning equipment must not be operated before noon or after 5pm on a Sunday or a holiday.
- Leaf blowers must only be operated within 50 m of any residential premises between the hours of 8am and 6pm on any weekday or between the hours of 9am and 5pm on any Saturday.
- The use of leaf blowers in the West End has been prohibited.
- Only "low noise" leaf blowers may be used in the city.
- Noise from household animals must not cause an unreasonable disturbance.
- Sounds from a radio, television, musical instrument or voice amplification equipment must not cause an unreasonable disturbance.