People and programs
The health of people, the health of places, and the health of the planet are tightly tied together.
How we plan our city and our neighbourhoods affects:
- The air we breathe and the water we drink
- Our ability to get around
- Where and in what type of housing we live
- What food we have access to
- What kinds of jobs are available and how long it takes to get to work
- How much and what kind of green space we can play and rest in
- How safe, connected, and included we feel in our neighbourhoods
We're creating a city of communities that cares about its people, environment, and opportunities to live, work, and prosper.
The health and well-being of people, communities, and environments are linked together. Find programs for personal and community wellness.
The health and vitality of our communities is one of the reasons Vancouver is considered one of the best places on earth to live.
If you want to help make Vancouver a better place, think about making a donation or volunteering your time.
View information on grants and funding for arts and culture, strong communities, and sustainability.
Under the Greenest City initiative, we want to become a global leader in urban food systems by 2020.