When to reserve a field, court, or diamond
Do you want to:
- Be certain the facility is available exactly when you need it?
- Use the facility regularly for league practice sessions and games?
- Schedule a tournament?
- Use an synthetic turf field?
Apply below for an outdoor facility rental permit to reserve a field, court, or diamond.
Apply for an outdoor facility rental permit
- View facility schedules for availability.
- Grass field restrictions for regulation games: Most of these fields can be booked up to 14 hours per week. Schedule availability is subject to this restriction.
- Complete an online reservation request.
- Outdoor sport court reservations: Provide your non-profit number or society number.
- Insurance requirements: All reservation requests require proof of insurance.
- Accessing your online account: Your account may only be used by you and your authorized agents.
- Need help? Read a tutorial (400 KB).
- Receive a reply from the Field Booking Office in 7 to 10 business days.
- Confirm your request dates and times.
- Review all the disclaimers and notes in your tentative rental agreement.
- Pay the rental fee at least 10 business days before your first reservation date (and, if necessary, provide a copy of your insurance and non-profit/society number).
- Avoid a cancelled request: Pay and provide these items on time.
- Receive your approved permit.
How we approve permit applications
We approve permits on a case-by-case basis, based on demand, neighbourhood impacts, park amenities (such as off-street parking), and washroom availability.
Leagues and teams that hold permits and have booked facilities in the past get scheduling priority. Many leagues are affiliated with Sport BC and open to the public.
Find out about playing ball hockey, floor hockey, street hockey, and field hockey in Vancouver. Join a team, take a class, or find a field or gym where you can play.
Vancouver offers numerous softball and baseball diamonds throughout the city including the Nat Bailey Stadium which hosts the Vancouver Canadians and UBC Thunderbirds. You can also join at softball teams or leagues or sign up for classes with many community centres in Vancouver.
The Vancouver Park Board has 8 racquetball or squash courts in 6 different community centres. Find out where you can play and take lessons in these high-paced, aerobic sports.
In Vancouver, soccer has one of the longest playing seasons of any sport. Whether you want to find a soccer field, sign up for lessons, join a team or league, or just find out who to watch and where, there are many opportunities to enjoy soccer in Vancouver.
Whether you are a beginner or experienced tennis player, you will find lots of opportunities to play in Vancouver. Find a tennis court, sign up for tennis lessons, or join a tennis club.
Vancouver has many options for playing volleyball. Find out about using indoor and outdoor volleyball courts, joining a volleyball league, or taking a volleyball course or workshop.